Saturday, December 20, 2008

What A Day!

My husband attended their Christmas party last night. I posted in my entry that they were required to wear pink and that he asked me to buy him one. Well, he was hailed as Star of the Night and was given a prize for it. He said I really bought him one unique kind of shirt.

Anyway, after their party, one of his supervisors asked some of them to join him in a karaoke bar. He asked for my permission and I kinda agreed to it. But I told him not to come home very late because we needed to attend Chloe's Christmas presentation for their school the next day. I already dozed off, but ever-the-light sleeper, I heard the car arrived. Oh, he's home, I thought...

But there was silence downstairs for several minutes. I went down and saw him lying on the couch already. I was with one of my worst habits ~ nagging. He asked me to listen to him first. He got injured ~ he sprained his ankle! But instead of pity, I went on ranting... "How about Chloe's presentation?! You want me to do a one-woman-act? Like taking the videos and pictures, driving her to and from the house and everything?" He kept quiet, so I went back to sleep.

After having only a few hours of sleep, I woke up and went to check on him. He was in worst condition. Oh, no! Not at this time. He missed Chloe's Christmas presentation last year because of an untimely work-related travel, and now he's going to miss it again?! But then there's nothing we can do about it but to have him check to a hospital. Good thing that my brother in law lives right next to our house. He drove him to the hospital together with my MIL.

After an x-ray, the orthopedic informed him he was lucky, there were no signs of fracture. Anyway, they applied a half-cast on his sprained ankle and had it wrapped in elastic bandage. He was also advised to use crutches for the meantime. What a day for the star of the night, huh? Tsk2x.. Well, when he got home, I took real pity on him. I decided to take all the responsibility for Chloe and her Christmas event, since he really needs to stay home right now. Good that my father-in-law went with me and helped in taking some pictures and videos of Chloe. The presentation was a success, too, so that settles it then. Chloe's dad got only to watch her perform on a video that I recorded (sigh...I'll just post the video and pics in my next entry).


While my husband was injured, my second older brother texted me that his eight-months-pregnant wife was confined at the hospital. He said that their OB-Gyne wanted to carefully monitor the baby's fetal heart rate. The doctor told him that the rate was slightly lower than the usual 120-160 bpm. I was very alarmed and worried for the safety of my sister-in-law and for the baby as well. Even up to now, I'm thinking about them. I wanted to visit Anna at the hospital but I also have an injured patient at home. But my brother regularly texted me on the updates. Maybe the stork will arrive earlier than expected. I just wish everything will turn out okay.

Chloe is the only 'apo' (grandchild) of my mom, so everyone's really excited to welcome an additional member to the family. Oh dear God, I pray that all will be well and safe. I wish for good health, too! That's all that matters to me now...

11 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

may your hubby feel better soon and your sis n law and baby be safe...

merry Christmas!

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh so sorry to hear about that. Hope yr hubby get well soon and nothing happen to yr SIL and her baby.

It must be tough on you. Take care ok. I'm sure everything will be alright.*Hugs*

Karen said...

hope glenn gets well soon cooks! congratulations on your wonderwoman act at chloe's program! you were super mom! and chloe did great too!!! great is an understatement hehehe

gLoR!e said...

everything will fine! you will have a great Merry Christmas!:)

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for your hubby's full and speedy recovery.Don't worry a lot. And by the way Merry Christmas to you. You're going to spend christmas with him rayt?

Anonymous said...

kuks, i wish good health to your family too. I know, this is a tough time for you. But rest assured of my prayers. Just holler if you need me, ok?

amiable amy said...

what a day my friend...hmmm...anyway, hoping he will be healed soon...and I hope your sis in law will be fine, prayer is our only weapon for that

merry christmas

Anonymous said...

naku, what a day talaga. am sorry to hear about your hubby spraining his uncle and your sis in law having to be confined to be at the hospital. sure hope they will be well in time for xmas. hope the baby is safe too! let's just pray...

but on the lighter side, at least maganda performance ni chloe at the school presentation. way to go chloe!

Cookie said...

Chubskulit...Thank you for your concern and support. Merry Christmas to you and to your family, too ;)

Mummygwen, Thank you also for your nice wishes on my family. My SIL & her baby is out of danger but they are still being monitored. My husband's at home - leave from work as of the moment :)

Soul Anchor, Thank you very much for your appreciation. The program was a success because of you guys!

Glorie, yah, thank you for that! Everything will turned out to be fine! Just need to think positive ;)

Shared cPanel Hosting, again, thank you for your nice comments and for appreciating my blog and for your prayers, too!
Well, since my husband is on leave for the meantime, we are indeed celebrating Christmas the whole day.. now, that's the good side, hehe :)

Kringle, Salamat for everything and for Ryan, too. We know we could always count on you. Thanks for the prayers and for the support!

Amy, it's true, we could always lean on Him. He will always grant our prayers. Thank you, my friend!

Kikamz, Thank you, too, for the prayers and for your concern.
At oo nga, on the lighter side, everything went well with Chloe's activity. Be posting it here soon. I'm about to edit pa. Tired ang beauty ko for the past 2 days, hehehe...

Her Glitter Life said...

Hope everything is fine. Take care..

Bonnie said...

Oh dear, what a day for you. I hope now everything is getting better.. Chill up dear.. :)